Unless you are living under a rock, you would have by now definitely heard about Intel’s 2022 Raptor Lake 13th Gen Core i5 / Core i7 / Core i9 processors. Intel has officially announced 6 new 13th Gen Desktop processors. These are Core i9-13900K, Core i9-13900KF, Core i7-13700K, Core i7-13700KF, Core i5-13600K, and Core i5-13600KF.
As of this writing, Intel hasn’t announced any 13th Gen Intel Core i3 processors series. However, we can expect it to arrive in the coming months.
Amazon US ( Amazon.com ) has listed some of these models online. These will be available to pre-order in the coming days. Check out the links below for the current pricing and availability.
Like the Alder Lake 12th Gen Intel processors, the new 13th gen processors also use a hybrid Performance-cores + Efficient-cores architecture to get the best of both worlds.
As an Amazon associate, i earn from qualifying purchases.
Specs and Features at a glance
- Performance Hybrid Architecture – Integrates two core microarchitectures into a single die, prioritizing and distributing workloads to optimize performance.
- PCIe 5.0 up to 16 Lanes – up to 32 GT/s for fast access to discrete graphics, storage, and peripheral devices with up to 16 PCI Express 5.0 lanes.
- Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s
- Increased shared Intel Smart Cache (L3) and L2 cache sizes
- Intel Deep Learning Boost
- Gaussian & Neural Accelerator 3.0 (GNA 3.0) – Processes AI speech and audio applications such as neural noise cancellation while simultaneously freeing up CPU resources
- Intel Adaptive Boost Technology
- Intel Thermal Velocity Boost
- Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Overclocking Features – When paired with the Intel Z790 or Z690 chipset, processor P-cores, E-cores, graphics, and memory can be set to run at frequencies above the processor specification resulting in higher performance
- Intel Extreme Tuning Utility
- Intel Extreme Memory Profile 3.0
- Intel Dynamic Memory Boost
In this new Raptor Lake line-up, the Core i9-13900K / Core i9-13900KF processor is the flagship chipset with a total of 24 cores and 32 threads supported. The Max Turbo Frequency supported by the P-core on this is 5.80Ghz.
Intel Core i7-13700K / Core i7-13700KF has 16 cores and can go up to 5.40Ghz Turbo Boost clock. The cheapest series in the Raptor Lake series, Core i5-13600K, and Core i5-13600KF have 14 cores and support a max turbo boost clock of 5.1Ghz.
As of this writing, there are no Laptops announced with 13th Gen Intel Core processors. However, there are some Desktop PCs from iBUYPower up for purchase / pre-order online on Amazon.com.
There is only one major difference between Intel K and KF variants of processors. The K model comes with integrated graphics ( Intel UHD in 13th Gen Intel Processors ) while the KF model doesn’t.
13th Gen Intel Processors Specs Differences at a glance
|i9-13900K / KF
|Core i7-13700K / KF
|Core i5-13600K / KF
|No of P-cores
|No of E-cores
|Max Turbo Frequency
|Intel Turbo Boost
|Up to 5.7Ghz
|Up to 5.4Ghz
|Up to 5.4Ghz
|Up to 5.3Ghz
|Up to 5.1Ghz
|Up to 4.3Ghz
|Up to 4.2Ghz
|Up to 3.9Ghz
|Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
|Total Processor Threads
|Intel Smart Cache (L3) Size [MB]
|Total L2 Cache Size [MB]
|Intel UHD Graphics
|Intel UHD Graphics 770 @ 1650Mhz
|Intel UHD Graphics 770 @ 1600Mhz
|Intel UHD Graphics 770 @ 1550Mhz
From the manufacturer
With an increase in core count, these processors continue to utilize Intel’s performance hybrid architecture to optimize your gaming, content creation, and productivity. Leverage industry-first bandwidth of up to 16 PCIe 5.0 lanes and DDR5 memory up to 5600 MT/s. Supercharge your CPU performance with a powerful suite of tuning and overclocking tools. Enjoy your favorite experiences in up to 4 simultaneous 4K60 displays or up to 8K60 HDR Video with dynamic noise suppression. Support for the Intel 700 series chipsets and backwards compatibility with the Intel 600 series chipsets allow you to access the features you need for any task. Whether you are working, streaming, gaming, or creating, the 13th Gen Intel Core desktop processors deliver the next generation of breakthrough performance.